Billie Gibbs

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Thing 1

Thing 1

     Well, getting a late start but one of my biggest weaknesses is procrastination.  I had always had the very busy lifestyle and have always managed to make everything fit and now, it is becoming a bigger challenge and not always as successful. I would always tell myself " I do my best work under pressure", NOT!!!  (anymore at least)

     Begin with the end in mind.  This is such a powerful statement and has taken on a new meaning for me in the last year.  I have started college at age 40 and have the goal of being a Special Education Teacher.  I have to look at the end to keep myself going sometimes.  My frustrations are now greeted with the thoughts of my future students and ways that I am going to make a difference in their lives.  This is my motivation.  And now my anti-procrastination device.  I am not going to put off til tomorrow what can be taken care of today.

     Of the 7 /12 habits of Lifelong learning, I have to say the easiest of these would be looking at all problems as challenges.  I was overloaded in the "problem" department not too long ago and when I changed my outlook and took them on as "challenges", they were disappearing!  I was accepting the challenges and moving forward rather than dwelling on the "Problems"! This alone made a huge impact on my life and broadened my learning capabilities.

     One of the hardest of the habits that I will be focusing mostly on, is the mentoring and teaching of others. I seem to lack self confidence and feel intimidated when it comes to explaining or expressing to others.  Not so much with children but mainly with my peers.  I am going to address this as a challenge as well and tackle it!  We'll see how this goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment