Billie Gibbs

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thing 12

     Google has come out with many options to it's program and is no longer just a search tool.  I use google so much that it is my home page when I log into the internet as well as my biggest app on my Iphone.  I personally use the gmail which is the google email.  I also use google docs that is the online storage and share of documents and thing.  This in particular is used in schools as an online collaboration tool that allows shared users to see and comment on the same thing simultaneously.

     For instance, I work at a school locally and this is used to track at risk kids all the time.  One teacher has Johnny in math and he is making a 60% right now.  So teacher notes that she is giving him an extra worksheet on the standard he is struggling with.  The next teacher sees this comment and notes that Johnny is struggeling in her class too.  So for PE or Related Arts, These team of teachers elect to pull him in for remediation and monitor his progress for a few weeks.  At the end of the term, several teachers have collaborated and noted his marked improvements.  This student is no longer an at risk student.

     I also am familiar with Picasa Web albums and am very fond of them.  The band booster organization I am a part of posts competition pictures with a link from the band website that allows friends and family that was unable to attend the competition to see the all the pictures from that event.  It is open so that more than one publisher can post pictures.  That way, If I have a student login because my student is in the program, then I can log in and upload the ones that I took as well as others that took pictures that day as well.  Very useful tool!
https://picasaweb.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment