Billie Gibbs

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thing 3

Thing 3

     There are so many ways to use a blog in a classroom.  I think one of the most important ways would be to list the homework assignments for each day so the students that forget what it was would have access to them when they got home.  So many students have end of day on their mind and forget to write it down or to take home the right worksheets or whatever and to have a blog and the accessibility of the assignments listed as well as the documents to print, oh what a parents dream.

    A blog could also be used as a parent teacher communicator and you could list your lesson plans for the week or some lesson instruction video's for the harder topics covered for the week so the extra tutoring would be there when the student got home.  I know many parents struggle with their students work whether for lack of remembering the steps or perhaps the new methods taught.  This way, the instructions would be there and the parents and students could watch the blog video and handle the homework in a different light.

   These ways seem very helpful and I look forward to using them in my classroom someday.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I never thought about using the blog for the form of being useful in the classroom to prepare the students for the day! I as a parent definitely think that a blog that I could follow and print off assignments with would be wonderful. Not only would it keep my son up to date but keep me involved in his schooling. It is a parent's dream :)

    ReplyDelete